Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Film is slow.

Too slow. Slower than I expected, that's for sure. The other night I went out and got this shot:
I thought that it would be neat to replicate it for film. I grabbed my trusty Olympus OM-2n (technically my daughters ax: I'm going to start calling "cameras" "axes" now) and headed back to to play another round of "Troll Under The Bridge". I set it up, sighted it in and click.  Nothing. The mirror just sat there in the "up" position for..... I don't know. It was a L.A.T. though. Eventually, I shut the darned thing off to get the mirror to come back down. I tried a few more times to capture this shot an some others and, mostly, the mirror just stayed up. I did get a few blurry hand-held shots off but over all I was pretty sure that I had just shot a roll of crap. I pulled it out and tossed it. I only paid $2.50 for the film. I didn't want to sink another $11 into this project by getting it developed and crap. I'm going o try to find some 800 speed some where (I was shooting 200 speed Kodak at the time) and try again. I think that this shot would be amazing on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment