Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Photographer Checking in.

No stress. No pressure. I have "blogged" before. I have blogged about my sketchy cycling habit and my wanderings in the woods. Those experiences were, for the most part, meant for me alone. They were sort of a diary for myself that I didn't mind sharing with the world, should other people take an interest. In neither instance, however, was I actively soliciting readers commenters of even recognition. This time is different.

After several years of hounding, my wife finally got me to pick up a digital SLR camera. We have a point and shoot digital in the house and some old film cameras, but not a descent, digital camera. Having always been partial to Olympus (I have an OM-1n and an OM-2n that I adore) I jumped on the chance to pick up an E-600 kit that was offered second hand and have been snapping away ever since. Of course, I quickly picked up a "Good" digital point and shoot and am scheming already to up-grade the DSLR. Of course I have dusted off all of the old film cameras and even added new ones to the stable. As long as I can get it processed, I'll be shooting film as well as digital.

What I hope to do here is to talk about my gear and my art. I hope to use this space to attract people to view my work. I hope that you all enjoy it and I hope that you might want me to take photographs for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment